8/24/2011

Cheese






Here are just some silly pictures of Clay being his silly self!

He LOVES to say "cheese" and flash a toothy grin all the time now! (I wonder who taught him that??)

Clay and I are both still sick and I feel a little disgruntled about it. He is sleeping at night though - only because we are giving him medicine to help with the congestion that allows him to lay down flat and still breathe. During the day is another story though. They (meaning the drug administration) has taken every single cold/sinus medication off the market for kids 4 and under. I understand why but I am not one of those parents that would deliberately overdose my child with medicine just to catch up on a few zzzz's. I simply want him to be able to function during the day while breathing. He can't take a bite of food without having to take a break from chewing to take a breath! Really?? And trying to breastfeed? Simply out of the question. (He can still breastfeed at night after he has had his medicine - thankfully. He will run and play and stop, bend over with his little head between his knees and breathe. Poor guy! Overall he has tolerated it okay. I'm not going to say great because it hasn't been exactly fun around our household as of late. He wants to be held most of the time, (I'm taking advantage because he is usually too busy to want to be held much) no one can leave the room or he gets his feelings hurt, if he's sleepy and goes to sleep laying down he wakes up a few minutes later crying because he can't breathe, and we are stuck in the (hot) house and we are all going a little stir crazy. I am also not one of those parents that will take their knowingly sick child to a play area and let them play just to get out of the house. (I'm not bitter at all about that - can you tell? If your child has snot running down their face - DON'T TAKE THEM TO BE AROUND OTHER CHILDREN. Rant over.)

In other news. It's HOT here. I mean unbearable, make you want to scream and cry like a child, make you want to take your clothes off and sit in ice, make you go postal at Wal-Mart (people down here are crazy when it's hot outside - I saw a woman yelling at the cashier at Wal-Mart because "it is too damn hot in this store to shop?!" That was her complaint. She asked to speak to the manager about it. I laughed. She glared at me.) It has been over 100 degrees every single flippin' day we have been here except for one day - it was 95. Needless to say we are going somewhere a whole lot cooler for the next assignment. Much, much cooler.

I know this sounds like a whole lot of complaining (and maybe it is) but we really are having fun and we do not regret for one second making the decision to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment