8/21/2011

Yuck

Clay is sick and I am sick. Yuck. We both seem to have a sinus infection - it is not fun. It has not been fun. And I am pretty sure it will not be fun for about another week. Clay has been running 100.5 - 102.4 temp for the past two days and not wanting to eat all that much. I technically don't get sick days (I do, but it is really not worth the trouble of trying to make them up at a later date) so I have been wearing a mask at work every night. So, we are, as you guessed a pretty whiny crew! I told Casey today that he is not allowed to get a sinus infection until we are done with ours - he usually is the one that gets them! (If he got one while I am feeling so bad Clay would be stuck with two panty wastes taking care of him at the same time! I feel pretty much useless and I know how bad Casey feels when his sinuses bother him!)

We are using Baby Vick's rub on Clay continuously, running a Vick's humidifier continuously in the room that we spend the most time in, and running a Vick's steam vaporizer in the bedroom at night. All that just to be able to breathe! Poor little guy is a strict nose breather and has had a hard, hard time trying to breathe through his mouth. He wakes up startled a lot throughout the night because he feels like he is holding his breath. Or at least that's what it seems like because he wakes up, sits straight up, and gasps for air through his mouth. He has been such a little trooper thus far. (I don't know that I can say the same for myself. I feel like dog doo - I can only imagine what his little body feels like.)

No pictures tonight - just picture this: shiny elevens constantly. Sometimes green, sometimes clear, sometimes a mixture, sometimes yellow. Yup, that's right, I'm talking about snot running from both nostrils at the same time. That's what the picture in our home looks like right now - I am sparing you. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment