7/14/2011

Hook 'Em


It's official - I have an offer and a job! Hook 'Em Horns!? Isn't that the saying for Texas??

We are going to Plano, Texas for 13 weeks starting August 1st! They contacted me first and I have to tell you - I am so excited about the facility, the new opportunities for learning I am going to encounter, and the "small" feel of the hospital! It's a 45 bed, private, high risk, Level 111B NICU. (Level 111 B is the highest acuity - meaning the sickest patients - NICU there is!) They do surgery in their facility, they take care of babies with congenital anomalies, and they routinely assist on the high risk deliveries! The director was so enthusiastic - I am excited to meet her! They have not used travelers in the last 3 years but they are in desperate need for maternity leave needs, etc. I will be working nights and they use self scheduling, so, I basically will make my own schedule! We will be able to come "home" more often and I think it will be nice to be closer to home for our first assignment!

So, Plano, Texas it is! And Clay is so excited! He was talking and laughing the entire time I was on the phone interview - thank goodness the director thought it was the cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment