7/13/2011

Caught






Clay is officially caught up on his vaccinations - he will not need another shot until he is 2 years old. Phew. We took him today to get him caught up as he has not had any shots since he was 4 months old. (insert your own opinions here and kindly keep them to yourselves) He weighs 26 pounds and he is roughly 30 inches long - probably longer but he didn't want to lay down to get measured! He is so, so healthy!

Shots have been a big ordeal with Clay. His body reacts horribly to them - or has in the past. He typically runs a high fever for about 48 hours and tends not to eat real well at all for that 48 hours. So, we did things a little differently this time. I gave him Tylenol before the shots and I plan on giving him Tylenol/Advil alternating until we hit the 48 hour mark. He got 5 shots today - as opposed to the 4 they typically get at 12 months, but like I said, we were playing catch up. Casey stayed in the room with him while he got his shots. I can't do it. Call me weak. Call me crazy. But I CANNOT handle him crying like that - it physically and emotionally hurts me. Deep hurt. I know this so therefore Casey takes over this task. He wasn't crying when he came out to the car thankfully but just seeing the little red streaks on his face where tears once were broke me!

We came home, I gave him a bath, breastfed him and he has been asleep ever since. Hopefully he will wake up and feel just fine!

Here are some GREAT pictures of Clay swimming the other day! He's our little fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment